We're closed 22 Dec to 2 Jan. Orders will only be processed 3 Jan.
This recipe for two uses Ube, a purple yam which is a sweet Filipino dessert. It can be purchased via desertcart.co.za or you can simply substitute it with our Taro milk powder.
This recipe was made by www.pickuplimes.com
Buy the ingredients now
- 2 Tbsp loose black tea leaves (Earl Grey is a wonderful choice for this recipe. You can also use tea bags if you prefer)
- 1 Cup boiling water
- 1/2 Cup cooked tapioca pearls (see our recipe on how to cook tapioca)
- 1/4 Cup Ube spread (you can use powder instead or substitute with our Taro milk powder)
- 1.5 Cups unsweetened soy milk (swap for any unsweetened plant-based milk of your choice)
- 1 Cup crushed ice
- Steep the tea in the boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Mix the ube spread with a splash of the milk in a small bowl to thin it out a bit.
- To assemble, divide the pearls between the glasses.
- Add the ube mixture over the pearls.
- Then add ice.
- Pour over the remaining milk, and top with the tea.
- Stir well and taste test. Enjoy!