A crème brûlée bubble tea drink typically combines the flavours and textures of the classic crème brûlée dessert with the refreshing qualities of bubble tea. The taste can be described as a creamy, smooth, and indulgent experience with a hint of caramelized sweetness.
When you take a sip of crème brûlée bubble tea, you'll first notice the rich creaminess that resembles the custard base of a traditional crème brûlée. The drink often incorporates a creamy milk base.
As the drink lingers on your palate, you'll begin to notice the subtle notes of caramelized sugar. These notes emulate the signature crackling, burnt-sugar topping of a crème brûlée. The caramelized flavour adds a delicate sweetness and a slightly toasted undertone to the drink.
Furthermore, the bubble tea component brings an exciting twist to the flavour profile. Tapioca pearls, are commonly added to bubble tea, providing a chewy and satisfying texture. These pearls can add a contrast to the creamy base, enhancing the overall experience by introducing an element of playfulness and fun.
Overall, a crème brûlée bubble tea drink is a harmonious blend of creaminess, caramelized sweetness, and the enjoyable chewiness of tapioca pearls. It offers a delightful fusion of flavours that will satisfy both bubble tea enthusiasts and fans of the classic crème brûlée dessert.
- Melt the ice cream in a bowl. Add the egg yolks and whisk together well.
- Warm the mixture in a saucepan on low heat. Mix well until thickened.
- Put in the fridge for up to 2 hours.
- Pour the milk into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cut the tea bags open and pour the contents into the boiling milk. Lower the heat and let it simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar syrup and stir.
- Strain the tea mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a shaker and shake well.
- Sprinkle a fine layer of sugar over the crème brûlée. Caramelize the sugar with either a blow torch, a grill lighter or by broiling. Otherwise, you are welcome to cover it with a layer of already molten sugar.
- Let the sugar set and crack open with a spoon.
- Scoop the tapioca pearls into a cup or glass and cover with some ice.
- Scoop your crème brûlée on top of the ice.
- Pour the tea mixture over the ingredients and finally enjoy!
- You can sweeten the drink with a layer of condensed milk if you prefer.